Some people experience sleep difficulties or a loss of appetite because of problems at work and school. Others engage in unhealthy coping mechanisms, such as overeating, smoking, or drinking alcohol.
Addressing work- and school-related issues makes it easier for you to do your job or get your assignments done to the best of your abilities. It can also improve your mood, self-esteem, and overall sense of wellbeing.
Common Issues that Arise at Work or School
You may benefit from counselling and psychotherapy if any of the following work- or school-related issues affect your everyday life or mental health:
– Insecurities about your abilities or talents, or about receiving feedback
– Expectations of ‘perfectionism’, including setting unachievable goals or having unreasonable standards
– Bullying, harassment, or intimidation
– A culture of aggression or competition
– Lack of motivation or loss of interest in work/school
– Disappointment or regret
– A poor work-life balance and an inability to “switch off” during your downtime
How Can Counselling Help with Issues at Work, School, or College?
Therapy provides a safe space for clients to explore their feelings and concerns. Clients will learn ways of dealing anxiety, depression, and other problems that arise from negative experiences in the workplace.
At Vive Counselling, in Ennis and Limerick or online via Zoom, I help clients to:
– Explore their options in relation to work and school
– Manage their response to stress
– Learn assertive communication techniques
– Create a healthy work-life balance
– Identify triggers and warning signs of stress and burnout
– Replace unhealthy coping mechanisms with more positive ones
To see other issues I can help with, click here.