During the COVID-19 pandemic, most counselling sessions are taking place online. Research suggests that online therapy is just as effective as traditional face-to-face therapy for dealing with a variety of issues.
After the pandemic, some people may wish to continue with online counselling. Others may prefer to return to in-person counselling in Ennis.
Online counselling is ideal for those who cannot access in-person therapy due to time constraints. Similarly, it benefits those who are unable to attend a physical location for sessions. Of course, personal preference will also play a part.
There are a few situations where video counselling is unsuitable, including for those who are in crisis or for under 18s.
How Can Online Counselling Help Me?
Video or Zoom counselling is suitable for working with a variety of issues, including the following (click on each one to learn more):
Building Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
Sexual and Domestic Violence
Many people who choose online counselling do so because of the benefits it offers:
– Convenience: Access therapy from any location in Ireland or while travelling. Video counselling also cuts down on the time away from work, as it completely eliminates travel time.
– Ease of Access: Some people cannot attend face-to-face counselling due to illness, disability, or safety concerns (as in the case of domestic violence). Online counselling gives people the option of attending therapy without having to leave home.
– Privacy: Many people enjoy the privacy that online therapy offers.
How Does it Work?
Online video counselling works similarly to in-person sessions. We will use Zoom, so we will be able to see and hear each other as usual. All video sessions are bound by the same confidentiality policy as face-to-face meetings would be.
After contacting me via phone or email to book an appointment time, I will send you an email with all the details you need. This includes things like:
– Zoom meeting details, including invite link and password
– A copy of our Counselling Agreement form for you to read and sign
– A payment link to make payment securely via PayPal
– Information on what happens in case of technical difficulty
Want to know more about counselling, including what a typical first session will look like? Read What to Expect from Therapy.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Session duration: 50 minutes
Cost: €60 (payable online via PayPal’s secure payment system)
Online counselling sessions with Vive Counselling are not suitable for people who are:
– Under 18
– Experiencing severe mental health difficulties
– Ordinarily resident outside of Ireland (for insurance purposes)